Friday, October 03, 2008

Where Everybody Knows Your Name -- Err, Sandwich...

I've been on the fast track of healthier eating and living since Father's Day this year, and have lost 32 pounds, dropped several pant sizes, and (as everyone that gets on the road to healthier says) have much more energy, sleep right, etc etc. Regular daily exercise at least once a day has been probably the largest single change that I've really enjoyed. While those are all things to trumpet-on about, the fact is that there is one thing I never expected to treasure as much as I do...

I've been partaking in an almost religion-like Subway Sandwiches habit - sure, because it will help me with lots of options that offer better eating, but mostly because of the regularity of my order. I've been getting a "Double Chicken Wrap, with Lettuce and cheese and a dash of salt" for a good, solid time now, and every time I go into one of the 4 regular Subways I hit for a meal, I have noticed something extraordinary. I don't even have to tell them anything about my order any more. I walk in, nod, say hello and they're already preparing my sandwich for me.

How about that?

Never having had the "bar" experience in my life, I have to wonder is THIS what many get from that kind of experience? That rather than someone knows "your name" they know what you want before you come in and have it being prepared for you already? While I'm often mocked for my regularity with things, this is something that truly has become a diamond in the rough which was a complete product of "being a regular, dedicated customer" and I like it. Do you have a similar experience that you'd like to share? Tell me about it here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home