Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ahoy! Pirates Invade Mythbusters Again!

Show Viewing Date: 9-26-2008
Show Title: Mythbusters - Pirate Myths 2
Network:
DiscoveryHD
Reviewed By: Mike Wilkerson - 2GuysTalking

Intro:

I have been a devout watcher of Mythbusters since it's initial episode so many years ago, and I've never been disappointed in the content of the show. Whether it was the shows in the beginning that talked about carious myths on the Internet, the movie myths (my favorite where they essentially test the "rules" and "laws" of what you see in regard to movie stunts), and then even taking it a step further, but focusing on a variety of like tasks from a genre or series of movies. In this case, this is the second time that they've tackled the task of proofing myths inside of Pirate Movies and lore which we showcase here in this 2GuysTalking Caption Hunt review of DiscoveryHD's Mythbusters: Pirate Myths 2.

Previews/Commercials Captioned: I remember specifically participating in the Discovery forum (online discussion boards, whatever we're calling them now) back when the show started. As I viewed new episodes with my wife who is Deaf, I would construct what was the precursor/original version of what was the Caption Hunt Reviews and talk about how - while Mythbusters was a great show, it wasn't captioned. After 5 great episodes, we suddenly found ourselves bathed in delicious captioning, courtesy of The Discovery Channel. While I can't directly claim responsibility for the eventual captioning of the show, I can claim that I made a difference in showcasing mine and my wife's zeal for watching the show, but WISHING TERRIBLY that it was captioned. And so it happened. Nowadays, The Discovery Channel is one of the best places on the television dial to trust that there will be glorious captioning waiting for you to detail what you see. The commercials during this episode were all captioned.

Click here to read the complete review of Mythbusters: Pirate Myths 2 via the 2GuysTalking Caption Hunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home