Thursday, September 25, 2008

An MMA Orphan? What's That?

One of the great achievements of this year for me was to be added into a growing and very talented stable of staff writers over at a great sports and entertainment review website, "The Savage Science", focusing primarily (currently) on Mixed Martial Arts coverage, which will be expanding to even more later this year. read on below and be sure to visit the outstanding staff of the SavageScience.Com!

The plight of the 'MMA orphans'

By Mike Wilkerson - Staff Writer, SavageScience.Com

The adrenaline that resides inside my home theater is real.

The fights that I witness each week, whether via a DVR-based viewing or real-life pay-per-view events - those are real too.

What is also sadly real is that I am an MMA Orphan. Are you?

For those that are curious, an MMA Orphan is an individual that has true zeal in regard to MMA - and no friends locally that share and revel in that zeal.

Let me be plain - I have ZERO FRIENDS interested in MMA.

What's an MMA Orphan to do?

The short, curt looks when someone asks "what kind of hobbies do you have" have changed significantly over the years as my hobbies and social structure have changed. At one time it would have been collecting baseball cards. Another would perhaps be collecting movie memorabilia. But as my interests, time constraints and real -life have crept into my responses, a regularly-occurring stray eyebrow was almost always involved in responses to that very ordinary question.

"Sign Language..." "Oh (insert strange eyebrow movement), I see. That hand thing. Interesting. (Crickets begin a serenade)

"Podcasting..." Really? (insert strange eyebrow movement) Ah, I had a Mac when I was in 7th grade, the uh, Apple thing, right?"

"MMA..." Uh huh. (insert strange eyebrow movement) Into Karate, eh? All Bruce Lee and shit? I've seen those movies, bitchin'.

Click here to learn the final plight of a true MMA Orphan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home