Friday, October 17, 2008

The Land of Squirrels...

I have always had one kind of aggravation or another when I think about my yard. It's been the one thing we knew would be a "perpetual project" and -- well, we were right.

Something strange that's an "every two or so years thing" is something I didn't really notice until this morning. As I was pulling out of my driveway, I noticed that the transmission of my truck was "going sideways" trying to cope with what is something I'm usually used to feeling when there is unusual terrain - rocks, stones, dirt, etc.

Little did I know that the entire 1/4 of the bottom of my driveway had suddenly, overnite become unusual to be sure.

In just the last evening, the nut tree that we have at the end of our driveway, had apparently become an all-you-can-eat buffet for what was clearly a horde of squirrels numbering in the thousands that now have a Las Vegas-style hotel in that very same tree. The entire bottom quarter of my driveway was covered in hazel nut shells - a virtual minefield of nutty badness that surely filled the bellies of the entire squirrel populace of my neighborhood.

I'll be sure to get some pictures up here in the next day or so but I wanted to start the requests out there in regard to "what can be done" other than shooting them DEAD. ;)

Do you have a solution to the mega-chowing-down of squirrely nut badness going on in front of our house? Use the comment link below to begin the discussion and help us clearly the proverbial nutty minefield now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home