Monday, May 05, 2008

Surrendering - What Happened on May 5th?

It's more than a giant party day at your local Mexican Restaurant.

While I was on my way home this evening, I saw a giant fiesta taking place at Chili's, one of the many mexican chain restaurants her in Missouri, and realized finally that today is "Cinco de Mayo" - the 5th of March. Does anyone else know what happened on this day in history?

While listening to the 10th supplemental bonus disc for "Band of Brothers" that I've talked about in my previous posts, I learned that today, May 5th, was the day that the ultimatum to surrender was put forth by the Allied armies. That made me think what other events of circumstance had occured on May 5th. I decided to search for some more information and found that there are a great many things that have happened on this day - May 5th - in history.