Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Have You Heard the One About Carl and the Movie Company?

There are few things that I can say make my heart soar, but hearing from old-school high school friends is probably around the top of the list.

My friend, Carl Besasie, has been directing commercials, short films, and being in "the biz" ever since he graduated college in the early 90's. This morning, I got a call from him to talk about "The Incredibles" and to start a dialog in regard to providing him a website and some creative solutions for what will be the first outreach for work into the business.

On my website, I talk about my life in general and finish it up towards the end with a quote from "STAND BY ME", the Rob Reiner/Stephen King-inspired film:

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve"

Carl is the sole reason I can make this statement and get choked up every single time. He continues to brighten my days when he calls, and I appreciate the creative spirit, enlightenment, and absolute craziness that was forged and embedded in our relationship when I was with him "when I was twelve."

Thanks again for the call, Carl, and I look forward to many, many more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home