Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A New Arrival to the Wilkerson Family...

I have the proud fortune to use this Blog to announce that the Wilkerson Family is expecting another addition! That's right - our new and happy family will grow once again sometime later this week...

When my new computer case arrives :)

My workplace has a pretty cool commission program for something called "The $23.90 Special" for which we get compensation in the form of "EPC Bucks". I've accumulated a good deal of them and I've decided to leave the friendly confines of a regular beige rectangle when it comes to computers.

My search for a successor box has taken about three months and led me in many directions. Originally, I was looking at getting a black box that resembled a :BMW, with some cool lights, a handle, a 500w power supply and a discount from a local computer place. There is a good set of pictures (although it's of the RED version of the black one I wanted, and a good video review) of that show the case and the cool things that were included with it. Sadly, a couple of weeks went by and eventually found out that it was on backorder.

From there I continued on with the hunt, searching thru a variety of websites, computer stores and catalogs to find something cool, unique, and something "me."

I found another "car-based" case:

and a variety of black "gaming cases" were readily available, but none really struck me as the one I wanted.

Finally, after a couple of extra days of searching, I found one that would provide a good solid look, give me the power I needed from the power supply, and allow me to do more cool things with more commissions received from my workplace.

And so, hopefully by the end of this week, I shall welcome the newest edition to the Wilkerson family homestead, the Black Phantom Computer Case - perhaps we'll have a naming contest on the Blog :)

More pictures, stories and goodies to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home