Monday, June 09, 2008

Making the Computer Animated Movie Mark - Your Thoughts?

While surfing during lunch today, I found an interesting listing that I thought I would share with you all and comment on. The topic: The Best Computer Animated Films of All Time. First, a preface.

There are many things that make my mind fly into an alternate plane of existence. Sometimes it's a movie, sometimes it's a thought that is triggered from a movie, or even a special feature from a DVD or (now) HD-DVD that I see. Animated films have always carried that for me, probably because of my interest and talent in cartooning and originally having that special something that is the desire to animate movies. The last time I remember having "that feeling" during an (traditionally) animated film was for "TARZAN" the outstanding offering featuring a driving make-it-go soundtrack that won an Oscar back in the 90s. The visuals of that film, in particular the creation of the characters and animal studies that were done to develop the characters are the stuff of "become-a-cartoonist" legend.

Click here to read the rest of this entry at Mike's Movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home