Monday, December 17, 2007

A Wendy's Wallop...

It wasn't too many months ago that Wendy's, the nation-wide fast food chain, disappeared from the St. Louis area, literally overnight. Apparently an ill-managed conglomerate that owned all of the Wendy's locally had - drowned - for lack of a better term and hence, overnight, each of the area Wendy's were boarded up, employees left hanging with either no checks or rubber ones, and the Wendy's footprint in the realm of St. Louis became smaller than even the tiniest frosty.

Fast forward to December 2007.

There had been "coming soon" signs, contractor vans, and stocking trucks of all kinds arriving at where our nearest Wendy's used to be. I honebustly thought that it was going to be a different restaurant because the inside was getting a complete makeover, the outside some new ornamentation, and frankly - I didn't think we'd see Wendy's back here for some time. Yet, each time I saw some of the new advertisements on teleivion for it, I somehow hoped - nay - KNEW that one day, the land of Wendy would stretch to our vantage point again. I was not disappointed. Two weeks ago, the Wendy's that I am typing in right now during my lunch hour opened for business, and business couldn't be better.

From the the several father/son tandem groups, to the entrepreneur with a laptop in the corner, to just about every walk of life you can imagine, this place is hopping. I've been here three times in the last two weeks during lunchtime and it is ALWAYS packed. There is always a wait for a seat (thankfully not a long ones) , the food is always fresh and outstanding, and I am very satisfied with just about every aspect of my consumer experience here at this new Wendy's. It's a great place to eat, while not breaking the bank, it's close to work, and I am continually surprised at the variety of people that wander through the door.

Did you have a recent "Wendy's disappearance" in your area? Let me know what you think of Wendy's food and be sure to

1 Comments:

Anonymous best cheap laptop said...

Wow steady information you give .. I am very pleased. may be useful for good

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home