Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Impossible During the Holiday...

This will be the first Thanksgiving in a long time that we haven't had visitors, which usually translates to eating out, rather than taking part/creating a vast orgasmic meal experience at the house on Thursday evening.

This afternoon during lunch while surfing, I saw a note about the "942 Calorie Thanksgiving Dinner" and I wanted to give it the once-over review for depositing the link. Read on and be sure to read the original article below. It's all doable, folks!

-- Wine: Easy! I don't drink. Consider me 120 caloies lighter already, that could be >koff< inserted in another of the listings here to "make up for" and not be cheated on the holiday.

-- Turkey: Yet another bonus! I like the white meat they mention better than the dark meat, and it's always tasty.

-- Gravy: While I like gravy, I've never been one to smother all over things, so once again, we're in the clear here too. The rest of my family? WHoooo boy - this one would rock their world.

-- Stuffing: A whole half cup? This would be TOUGH. Bring a bread man is a tough road to hoe on holidays like Thanksgiving, but I think I could accomplish this - if the dressing were then put into a refrigerated safe, rolled into a high-altitude airplane, and flown around the world for a week until the rest of the leftovers are consumed. THEN, I'd be just dandy.

-- Sweet Potato: This one again is destroyed by the variety bug. I'll take the planet's saltiest, most abruptly cooked mashed potatoes any day of the week over Sweet Potatoes. I'm not sure if it's the consistency, or just the added gooney sweetness, but it's something I've had little interest in - ever.

-- Green Bean Casserole: Oh my, am I a sucker for this dish. Thankfully a good sized portion does it for me, though I am known to pick away the almonds that are often included with this dish that are still left in the bowl. I know, you're amazed that I like nuts, right.

-- Pumpkin Pie: Again, the consistency usually gets me on this one. I even have issues with "pumpkin pie ice cream" so it's one of those across-the-board things that are difficult to deal with. THANKFULLY, there is always an APPLE pie that makes it's way to our table, and usually it's sugar free so BONUS!

All-in-all, as you can see, I don't think I'd have any trouble at all with the 942 calorie Thanksgiving dinner. Except of course that I'd never be able to meet it. ;)

What are your thoughts on the article linked below? Could you make yourself a participant in the 942 Thanksgiving Movement? Chime in below and let me know what YOU think!

Link to MSNBCs 942 Calorie Thanksgiving Day Feast:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870864/from/ET/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home