Saturday, November 17, 2007

November Introspective - 2007

I finished up work this afternoon (I work every Saturday taking a half day during the week, usually on Thursdays), and I thought I would take an inventory of things that I saw as I was leaving for the day to supplement a blog that's been strangely unupdated lately. Enjoy the listing below and be sure to chime in with your thoughts on mine - it's always great to see other perspectives...

- Guitar: Also known at "Tar" in our house, I pulled out the Estaban Brand Guitar and took it to work today to show it to a coworker that simply has much more musical talent than I do currently. For those that have forgotten, I purchased the set a year ago last week, and other than learning several chords, the guitar has sat patiently while my family life, my work life and my podcasting life have continued on a breakneck pace. I still have interest and every intention to become more "guitar" able and another fellow coworker has recently started to play the guitar so SURELY - after making a competition of it, I'll learn more about playing. For those that are curious about the guitar I bought, be sure to check out Esteban's Website to learn more and potentially "get inspired" just as I did one early morn.

- Burton in Wonderland: I heard a wonderful piece of news on the radio as I pulled into to get a sandwich at a local Culver's down the street from my workplace. Apparetly Tim Burton of Batman, Ed Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, a flurry of others fame has been tapped by Disney to do his version of "Alice in Wonderland" which should just be an awesome experience. I look forward to a dark, twisted scary rollercoaster that truly takes us down the rabbit hole.

- Gas Prices: As I write from my cheeseburger and soda pop perch, I see that gas has mysteriously dipped down another 11 cents - for noparticular reason - just as it rose 18 cents in a day a week ago today. Does anyone know of a good website that gives more direction, insight and "what the hell goes on" with gas prices? I know I've been to GasBuddy.Com to see more in the way of what prices are nationwide currently, their trends, etc, but I'm looking for something more outside the box that gives us theories (both reasonable and not so) about why things are like they are with gas prices currently. Send me your thoughts on that and tell me what YOU think.

- Shrek 3: It may have been just because I've been working so hard all over the place, but wow - I saw in front of the television last nite after dinner, put in the DVD, gathered around with my family with an nice cold soda pop and - fell directly to sleep. I awoke when I heard the catterwalling complints of Donkey 3/4 of the way though the story and I've no idea where the story was. Has anyone else noted the un-noteworthyness of Shrek 3 yet?

- Hollywood Video: Have I just missed the boat or is Hollywood Video now out of business? One that's within eyeshot has been converted into a wholesale Halloween place (that's now closed too not so strangely) - but clearly the building was once a Hollywood Video store. I found a July 4th, 2007 article that talks more about it on USAToday.Com and I guess that just shows you how out of the overall rental game my family is. We've been utilizing Blockbuster's Total Access plan for a couple of years now and really get a lot out of it. Are you using an online or local rental program? What are you using?

As I take down the laptop to prepare for the short journey home, I also wanted to note the weather - today is strangely bright, clear, and a balmy 66 degrees out today! That's right - it's mid-November and while this week has been brisk, with a bit of rain at the beginning, there's neary a sign of fall, other than the changing of the color of the leaves in the trees of the landscape around me. When will "Winter" arrive? Will we see if before the holiday next week? Will Chester realize the mistakes he's made and be able to salvage his relationship with Jessica? Tune in next time when we learn about that and more on Grab the Wheel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home