Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I Spy a Not So Covert Wallet Thief...

Having been a Timothy Hutton fan, and a fan of political intrigue and spy movies made "Aldrich Ames: Traitor Within" a slam dunk for me when I cought the last 45-minutes of it on HBO several months ago. I was watching "Sum of All Fears" the other day listening to the commentary track of the director Phil Alden Robinson and novelist Tom Clancy and they'd mentioned how prolific an influence Aldrich Ames escapades were and that touched off my memory of wanting to acquire that movie.

A quick search online and what do I find?

Something COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE!

"Aldrich Ames: Traitor Within [VHS] (1998)
This riveting true story tells of the exploits of Aldrich Ames, the high level CIA director of Soviet counter-intelligence, who was convicted in 1994 of selling information on spies he, the CIA and the FBI recruited to the Soviets. Timothy Hutton, Joan Plowright and Elizabeth Pena star in this look at America's greatest traitor since Benedict Arnold. 97 min.

Rated: PG Color
Was $99.99 Now Just $89.99 VHS #062858"

That's right! $89!?

Needless to say, if YOU see this film online someplace, or perhaps in a store someplace, please make sure to make me away. I can remember the sickening days that movies actually cost this much, but I am sad that they are apparently not gone.

It's a great (what I saw of it) film and I would very much like to make it a piece of my collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home