Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Special Box for Special K....

I have always been a fan of Special K.

Even before the original morphed into what is now a growing-cornucopia of differently-flavored flakes that make the senses reel, the white box with the distinctive RED LETTER K on it had a "special" place in my heart and appetite. Recently, while on a shopping run for tampons incredibly-manly, all-too-important to explain right now shopping needs, I felt the urge to replenish what was a now incredibly lightweight box of Special K: Fruit and Yogurt cereal in our kitchen cupboard.

As I walked past the recently-stocked aisles that held untold bounty I finally arrived at he familiar cereal aisle. A home not only to my favorite "special" cereal but to creatures of all shapes and sizes. There, next to the Frosted Sugar Flakes, was an originally large, but now for some reason LARGER area of Special K product. Lo, what have we here. I could get the USUAL box of Special K: Fruit and Yogurt for $3.55. Sure, it'd be the regular 12.8 ounce box that sustained our family for a time. But - what's this? Next to it is something new - a 17.5 ounce box - the FAMILY SIZE box of delicious and a key part of this breakfast experience Special K: Fruit and Yogurt!

Ah, not only would I come home with crunchy bounty for tomorrow's pre-work crunchfest, I'd come home with MORE of it for a mere $.13 extra! Momma would surely be happy and thank me for my thrifty purchase (and visit for late nite "needs"). What a DEAL! Thanks Kello--.

Wait a second.

IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE CUPBOARD! What kind of cruel joke is this? Momma cannot close the door to the cupboard with this box in it! Not only doesn't it fit in our common-sized cupboard (the box is too high!), but the sugar count went up three grams per helping? What kind of new devilry is this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous (Best Show)Watch said...

"Hi:

Two things

1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The Clone Wars for our website

2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]

The Clone Wars is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

4:00 AM  
Blogger Mike Wilkerson - 2GuysTalking said...

Hi there! I'd like to learn more about how I can participate in your website and please feel free to use anything I have here with appropriate credit, links etc. Feel free to give me a call at 314-229-7683 or drop me a line at mike@2guystalking.com - Thanks for your comment and I'm eager to hear from you. Cheers!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home