Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What is That Facebook Thingy? Reconnecting After 30 Years...

I think those of us in the electronic "know" have a powerful responsibility that smacks us in the face regularly. On the face of it, it doesn't seem too terribly difficult to manage. Along the way, faces from the past will emerge, providing you with newfound face-time that opens doors to memories, laughs, puffing chests and the never-ending flash of moments from the past that have guided you to where you are today. What would have happened had the face of life's coin landed differently for you or those you've recently met?

I am of course referring to the always-initiated question: "What is That Facebook Thingy?"

My father and I were recently talking about it when talking about marketing his growing library of common-sensical podcasts (Fast Freddie's Castle of Common Sense Podcast - http://www.castleofcommonsense.com ) and he asked me that very question.

The last 6 months have taught me a lot about the power of something as fundamental as Facebook. It's much more than a one-word answer, but for lack of a better frame of reference, it's your being able to showcase your personal or business "shingle" on the Internet - to anyone. This first in a series of great experience-based Facebook showcases provides you with my recent re-connecting to people that I haven't seen - for 28 years.

Click here to read the rest of this great story at The St. Louis Bloggers Guild Now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home