Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Details from Some Kind of Monster...

I am an old-school Metallica fan from - well, admittedly a LONG time ago. I've followed them patiently over the years and lost touch at the beginning of their "ST. ANGER" release, but their new album caught my ear literally one day and I've been devouring backwards voraciously as time allows during the last few weeks.

I was asked to do a review for a new relationship with a magazine in Pittsburgh of "SOME KIND OF MONSTER" - a DVD that's been sitting in my home theater for years now, unopened, and waiting - in a strange and appropriate silence - as if the plastic wrapper, security stubs and price tag were a literal gag in the films mouth.

Shortly after listening to the new Metallica Album, "Death Magnetic" I took the time to free the DVD from it's shelven sarcophagus and watched it twice (once as a film on it's own, the second time around with the commentary track of the members of Metallica themselves), and just recently put in the second disc of the set with extended scenes and other features: A GOLDEN egg inside of this set of extras is the "Marvel Team-Up" of Ja Rule and Metallica - the literal clash of two cultures that makes for a very entertaining set that I'll be sure to include in my formal review of Metallica's "SOME KIND OF MONSTER."

See the scene via YouTube now and I'll be sure to post then entire review here shortly after it's launched in the magazine...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home