Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Screwin' by Buy.Com...

I've often wondered what kind of "deals" are available on the "Interweb," so much so that I've created a listing of services that help me compare costs, potential buys and more that I check regularly when thinking about buying something - especially those things that are technology-based.

This afternoon, another "SALE SALE SALE" Email popped up in my Inbox and for the third time in as many months (since before Thanksgiving of last year) another interesting note popped up. For those of you that are already podcasters, you know the value of a dependable, affordable set of headphones. Once again I saw what was an extraordinary deal for some nice, commercial, not-a-knock-off headphones that would go great inside of a Podcast Kit that we're concepting for people that are interested to get them into podcasting. WOW! $12.99! Again! For the third time in as many months! Wow. (clicking on the screen) - Wait a second: SOLD OUT again?

So mind you, this is the third time in almost as many months (first in November, then in December, now again in February) that this "deal" has been made available. The first time I saw it days later in my Inbox. Ok, too good, too gone, goodbye. The second time, just minutes into my surfing experirence during midweek - Hmm, ok also gone, sold out - zowie! A great buy, right?

The third time, literally - while I was typing an Email this most recent one came in. Having the zeal I've had twice now to get this "deal done" I click it agian and guess what?

That's right! The age-old tecnological high hard one - AGAIN!

And so, I wrote a letter of complaint to Buy.Com, someone I've done a great deal of business with for more than 9 years at this point who have pushed a customer TOO FAR!

Do you have another hell on technological Earth story like this one? Let us know by chiming in below and help ME stop the ridiculousness of poor and petty drawing-web-based business traffic now!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home