Friday, December 22, 2006

Hellos from the Man...

The GARBAGE MAN that is!

I just got an automated call (that usually realy cheese me off, but it was from a number I'd never seen before: 1-999-999-9999. Hmm, I wondered as I clicked the "Answer" button on my T-Mobile Sidekick. And what to my wandering ears should appear?

A stout automated male vocal greeting from my garbage collection company (WM - Waste Management), telling me that next week, during the Christmas week, that my pick-up schedule would be delayed 1 day, and that the same would occur during the New Year's week as well.

Now I know how many of you have made the call to the garbage company wondering where the hell they are when the pile you've got sits unattended on your driveway's corner - I've done it a LOT, especially with the company we just gave the boot to in April of this year. But this is the first time this year I've actualy received a message from the garbage company letting me know what's coming up in ADVANCE of a potential problem.

Kudos to the fine people at WM and to them, and all other citizens that will be informed in advance I say a Merry Xmas to all, and to all a clean and knowledgeable garbage. pick-up ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home