Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bruno Kirby - GONE.

In 1989, there was a movie that touched my heart and much of the rest of my life in a variety of ways, that will always remain with me. "WHEN HARRY MET SALLY" means something different to just about everything, but one of the relationships that got lost in the film, was the relationship of a best friend: A confidante' that could "be there" and stand the test of time.

Bruno Kirby represented most of the "best friend" relationships that I've had through my life, where the friend cares deelpy about you, wants the best for you, but realizes that THEIR LIFE is the most imporant thing - the way it SHOULD BE :)

Today, I was sad to read the following announcement, and as I do my regular "groan into the phone" as I learned to do from Billy Crystal so many years ago, I remember one of the best character actors who will be SORELY mised.

Check out Bruno Kirby's LONG AND ILLUSTRIOUS Movie List at IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0456124/

=============================================

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Bruno Kirby, a veteran character actor who co-starred in "When Harry Met Sally," "City Slickers" and many other films, has died at age 57, his wife said Tuesday.

Kirby died Monday in Los Angeles from complications related to leukemia, according to a statement from his wife, Lynn Sellers. He had recently been diagnosed with the disease.

Read the Article Announcing Kirby's Death at CNN.Com:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/15/kirby.obit.ap/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home