Friday, February 10, 2006

Surviving Twilight -
A Beacon of Positive Energy

Greetings, Shane!

I wanted to take just a moment this morning to thank you for your service to our country, and also for what looks like a fine book, “Surviving Twilight” that sheds a lot of light on things that simply don’t get to the American public often enough.

I had the pleasure of hearing your interview this morning on our local FM Talk station, 97.1FM Talk, and found the website you have set for your book a refreshing breath of air in regrad to our war effort in Iraq.

Enclosed are two photos – they were taken from the one you have on your pictures page at the books website.

The first is just an enhanced photo providing some light to the picture of yourself and the other brave soldiers in your squad.

The second is the same picture with an American flag comped into the background. If you’ve got a higher resolution image of that photo, send it along and we’ll get an even better version of that done for you.

Again, my thanks from my family to you for protecting the things that we hold dear for this and future generations. Your service is admired and appreciated beyond measure.

The Wilkerson Family
Jade, Gloria, and Mike Wilkerson
http://www.jadewilkerson.com/
http://www.gloriawilkerson.com/
http://www.mikewilkerson.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Wilkerson - 2GuysTalking said...

[From Shane:]Mike, you are very welcome for my service to the country. I certainly hope my book does shed light upon the day to day life of a soldier deployed overseas in hostile territory. It is something so foreign that unless I went through it I wouldn't have been able to comprehend the experience.

Thank you very much as well for the pair of photos. That picture of my squad was taken at dusk and it was always a bit dim for my tastes. I will replace the picture online with the one that you edited. Thank you very much for brightening that up for me! Also, the picture with the flag superimposed in the background is really cool! I will put that one on the website with credit to you in the file name.

I went to your websites and I must say you have a wonderful family. It looks like Jade is a pretty spoiled little gal. In addition, the art you have on your site is friggin' awesome! You have a tremendous talent there that makes me sit back with an open mouthed stare.

Thank you for your kind words and gratitude. I speak for all of my fellow soldiers when I say we serve the finest citizens on Earth.

Sincerely,

Shane

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home