Monday, February 20, 2006

The '06 Winter Olympics Horrification Continues...

I have to admit I thought we had reached the pinnacle of embarrassment when Lindsay Jacobellis biffed her way into the Silver medal in Torino this morning.

I was wrong.

I was even more astonished to see this picture of Gold medal winner Seth Wescott, and fellow "show-off" and biff-induced Silver medal winner Jacobellis holding their 'medals' for the camera:




Umm - I think I have several HUNDRED of the silver medal encased in the CD bins I get from Best Buy. Who on earth "designed" this years' medals? They look like cheap CDs and the "wrap-around ribbon" - what's up with that? How about some kind of stately way to attach the ribbon to the CD? Not so amazingly, these medals bring to mind another second-rate piece of merchandise:



The weapon used in the movie "I COME IN PEACE" which I find terribly appropriate for this years Olympic effort - they truly came - apart - and are in pieces. Perhaps the "cd-inspired medals" could have Jacobellis' biff reel burned to it so she can always be reminded how "cool it is to be a show-off"?

Pardon me while I go burn some music to my Silver medals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they play the Olympic Theme!
:-)

Christine

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home