Thursday, December 01, 2005

Nothing Beats Toilet Humor...

I have been remiss in posting for what seems like forever due to work, vacation, family, etc. I find that when things go awry that a certain philosphy helps to pass the hours:

When in doubt, insert toilet humor.

With that said, I have a question -- What is it that noone can design a urinal that doesn't offer blowback?

With all of the engineering graduates in the country/world, how is it that noone can create a urinal, a urinal pad, or urinal cake that offers some degree of protection from the unwanted blowback of using the device to begin with?

This urinal is only one of many that I have encountered in my many travels and this too is another one that offers no protection/prevention whatsoever.



No matter where you "hit" the urinal, you either have damp pants or shoes, so does that mean you have to stand further away from the urinal so as to maintain a clear set of drawers and shoes?

What are your thoughts? Gotta' bit o' potty humor to share?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mike, I can't tell you how happy I am that FINALLY someone addresses this issue. I would have blogged about this on my site but the last time I took the camera in a bathroom, the cops hauled me away.

Alas, yes, I too don't understand why the urinal has not followed Darwin's theory of evolution. It really has not changed functionally over the years to prevent spray back and splatter.

I've taken the approach of moving back a few feet...although I still do try to write my name in urine as if it were a Aqua Doodle set.

If someone is actually in the bathroom or using the urinal next to me, i'm not able to back up too much for fear they may see me and all my glory. But then that presents a differnt problem...

...which is watching for sprayback from the guy next to you...AARGH!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware of the perils of urinal use; I probably could have lived without the info :-)
My brother likes urinals so much he had one installed in the downstairs bathroom of his mountain home.

Christine

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home