Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Next Greatest Human Adventure...?

Any of you that know me for any period of time know that I am a GIGANTIC space and human spaceflight junkie.Before hitting the sack the other nite, I saw something that struck me as fantastic and I thought I would share it with you."NASA Unveils Moon Program"With this short headline, my head filled with visions of man once again stepping foot on the Moon and achieving a new understanding of Human Spaceflight.

I encourage you all to read the article and - sadly - to also hope that the timeline in general gets bumped up.

The plan is to be on the Moon in 2018.

I will be 47-48 years old, and surely all of the current Apollo astronauts will be gone. with the possible exception of Buzz Aldrin's frozen talking head that will somehow be preserved. :)

Oh, the "heady" days of Yuri Gagarin, The Apollo Program and more...Be sure to read the article at CNN.Com and also visit NASA.Gov for even more details and some breath-taking concept art as well as a continued viewpoint following as we inch ever-so-slowly to 2018...

3 Comments:

Blogger QcynqSWG said...

This is a wonderful site about weight loss pill, of course I have a similar page weight loss pill

6:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is the deal with these spammers??? They totally ruin the whole blog atmosphere...is it not enough they have taken over emails??

I too was very excited to see we will be returning to space...although i'm afraid 2018 may be optimistic. I think from reading and see those "informative" polls that the news agencies do...most people SAY they support space exploration but when it comes to footing the bill, they get cold feet.

I think it is important we continue not only putting men on the moon once again but it is imperetive we find a solution to our shuttle woes.

To the moon Alice to the moon!!!!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home