Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Masterful Casting in Blade: Trinity

Over in my Movies section I had detailed some of the most recent additions to my DVD collection which included, "BLADE: Trinity" and I wanted to take a few minutes to express my joy in the casting of it.

Wesley Snipes: What can you say about Wesley Snipes? The Blade series has been completely built around him, his skills and overall style. For what was a nobody as "Trumaine in 1986's Wildcats and skinny yet swift Willie Mays Hayes from Major League has sprouted into one of Hollywood's premeire action stars. I look forward to him finding more varying scripts that will take him into a different level of stardom.

The "Oh My Gawd" Casting Move of Blade Trinity?

Dominic Purcell! That's right, yet another Fox series castaway makes his way to the silver screen in a very remakable role. Someting noteworthy: Dominic is RIPPED in this film and is sporting a very ethno-centric crewcut. I didn't recognize him until I heard his voice for a bit and then realized that the red contacts and lenses were disguising the actor that played "John Doe" - another series that I truly wish had made it's way a bit longer into Hollywood's history. Dominic portrays Drake/Dracula in this movie and does a wonderful job to bring you into this chapter of Blade.

Ryan Reynolds: I am completely unfamiliar with Ryan Reynolds as an actor. He was fantastic in this sample and I can totally see him in the role of "The Flash" in a movie coming up, also to be directed by the same director as this film, David Goyer. Ryan is funny, witty, and lends a great deal of physical pre

Jessica Biel: Yet another young actor that I am completely unfamiliar with. Folks, she brings ass-kicking to a new level and makes a very nice addition to this film. It's a light role but she pulls off the brooding teenage/twentysomething ass-kicker very well.

Again, Blade: Trinity, along with these casting additions is worth at least one viewing. More on the disc when we get a review up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home