Friday, April 29, 2005

4th Horseman Alert - Bussing My Sister into Hell...

Despite my better inner instincts, I liked the Rosie O'Donnell Show the few times that I saw it. I liked Rosie O'Donnell as a stand-up comic back in the 80's who entertained regularly on Mtv. I liked Rosie O'Donnell in "A League of Their Own" where some of her truest colors and times were experienced. I enjoy seeing the eclectic-ness of Rosie O'Donnell's blog that has recently been showcased everywhere on the web. I hope Rosie O'Donnell has some more luck in the future: I'd like to hear more from her (maybe she'll happen upon my blog and tell me what my problem is).

On the other hand, I DESPISE Andie McDowell. All of her roles from the suculently awful "Tarzan: The Legend of Greystoke" have been the stuff of reviled legend in my house. I would bother to explain this more but hey: It's a 4th Horseman Alert.

The reason? Both Rosie O'Donnell and Andie McDowell are getting together for a movie:

"Riding the Bus with My Sister"

As always with things that are visually unappealing: Insert Ballpoint Pen A into Eyesocket B and Twist.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In general, I agree with you about Andie MacDowell, but you have to admit that Groundhog Day is a modern classic, and that she is enjoyable as Bill Murray's producer / love interest.

Under duress, I will also admit to liking another Andie MacDowell movie, Hudson Hawk. Though it will never be confused with an Oscar winner, it is still a light-hearted romp that is none the less entertaining.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perfect casting for Rosie...I have nothing against Rosie for the most part...I do think she is funny...but I would have to fire my agent who landed me this role...of course it worked for William H. Macy...but he is far and away on a different level than Rosie.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mike Wilkerson - 2GuysTalking said...

A couple of items:

I have never been able to sit through Groundhog Day. Perhaps a showing of that sometime with those that are interested in it is in order.

Hudson Hawk: It might be becase that came out at the time that Bruce was so hot in the market (Moonlightning, Die Hard, etc) but I too have to call that a guilty pleasure insert.

Perfect casting for Rosie? Yeah, probably: I wonder if perhaps that role wasn't a little more personal-centric than we all know. :) She's done some "crazy" shit lately. And William H Macy vs. Rosie? Oy, I'll take a 10 spot on the dark horse with the moustache - Macy that is :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home