Friday, April 22, 2005

SWC3B - Let's See Some ID...

As I approached the Indianapolis Convention Cebter there were two
stormtroopers: one, a scout trooper (like on a speeder bike) and the
second a traditional New Home Trooper. The costumes were excellent. As
I walked by they asked me for ID. I said "You don't need to see my
identification" as I waved my hand and goddam: if it didn't work!
Actually I asked the trooper at the door if he could help me find
registration and he said "- don't know." Oh. Well there's something to
be said for not knowing but I thought the dude standing at the door
would know.

As I walked through I asked 3 more and they didn't know either. Finally
I just stopped this dude with a STAR WARS Tshirt and convention badge on
and asked HIM where to go. He pointed in the appropriate direction and
asked why didn't I come in on the other side of the building. Uhh,
sure. So I began the hoof out to the Registration Desk "that way".
Y'know, with all the troopers in place and whatnot, you'd think that
somone in costume wpuld know or want to direct someone to where they
wanted to go. That was strange. I strapped on the hiker's grabbed a
granola bar and began the long journey to the registration booth.
--cptmike via sidekick

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates Mike. Waiting for some visuals here for those of us NOT there!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home