Monday, August 20, 2018

Ahh how the time, media and years pass. I haven't "Grabbed the Wheel" in a long time, but life has gotten more than busy in the land of Wilkerson. Since writing last, the podcast business and industry in general has exploded. Whether it's the general podcast creation and promotion efforts of The 2GuysTalking Podcast Network (Website, Facebook, Twitter), my voiceover academy over at The Voice Farm (Facebook, Twitter), my audio editing academy The Editor Corps (Facebook, Twitter), or our soon-to-be-launched audio hosting service, The Podcaster Matrix (Facebook, InstagramTwitter) the world of audio capture, edit and promotion in the St. Louis area is wonderfully busy.

I'm eager to collect and help to convey the perspectives of all of the new and current customers I work with to be sure.

My personal life has also been a very strange atmosphere mostly because both of my parents have died since my last writing. Their absence has helped me to understand not just how much impact they had on my day-to-day goings-on, but also on exactly how much time I spent speaking to both of them. My Father (the original creator of The Voice Farm concept and genuinely righteous dude) was at least an Email and phone call a day (more when memoir-creating business-based moments struck me) and my Mom - well, she loved to chat with my (at the time of this writing) 15-year-old daughter, Jade, who always talked about what Daddy and Grammy talked about.



The impact is profound, but I enjoy the fact that both of them were incredibly transparent with me about their lives, their pasts, their thoughts and what they would want when the day came that they were gone.

With them both gone now - while many times the day feel decidedly hollow, they both live on in me and inspire me to help others create the same legacy, impact and perspectives that I create with all of the work I do. From my 9-5 where I've just celebrated 20 outstanding and rare years, to everything in regard to the audio-editing world and more, I am terribly appreciative of both of them, the lives that they made for themselves, and the ones that they have helped me craft for my family and those I touch. Thank you, Fred and Renee' - I literally have no idea where I'd be without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home