Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Redbird Ramblings - April 10th, 2007

I had thought that I would be forced to blog NOTHING of the events of this game, mostly because until the last possible moment, in almost 1980's Cubs-like fashion, the Cardinals had been completely ineffective against the Pittsburgh Pirates this evening.

Then the Cardinals built and tookd advantage of a rally I thought would be the death of me but guess what? The dark horse Scott Spiezio brought the Cardinals back from the brink of destruction to survive into extra innings! The game continues and truly, there's only ONE GIANT negative that I can comment on here: Why on EARTH is this game not televised ANYWHERE? I checked the hundreds of channels available via my HDTV set hookup - nothing. I checked a variety outlets online and as always, MLB's GAMEDAY service literally saved every ounce of potential interest for this Cardinal fan and hopefully many others.

I'll be sure to provide more as I see the action unfold with Gameday and great job, Spiezio!

(Revisiting after another DANDY episode of "THE SHIELD")

Oh in 12 innings it's the Cardinals up by one and they win the game that they trailed 91% of the time 3-2!

The last second heroics are one of the most aggrivating yet satisfying things that I think Major League Baseball provides and it was neat to be part of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home